18th BIENNIAL CONFERENCE ON TEACHERS AND TEACHING
3-7 JULY 2017
UNIVERSITY OF SALAMANCA, SALAMANCA, SPAIN
“Teaching search and research”
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
You are invited to join the 18th Biennial Conference on Teachers and Teaching – ISATT 2017, one of the largest international education conferences for teachers, lectures and educational researchers.
We invite candidates to contribute to the conference theme: “Teaching search and research”. The essence of this conference aims to capture the mutual interrelations between the academia and schools in order to combine discourses and align positions. The particular interest is to bring practice into theory and theory to practice. Education needs a genuine understanding between these two worlds in order to offer adapted responses to multiple problems and increasingly diverse contexts.
Therefore the ISATT 2017 will encourage submissions that examine the diverse teaching contexts and the many changes occurring across education research and practice: from design to implementation. All areas where learning and pedagogy have decisive presence are susceptible to be included. ISATT 2017 is conceived as an open forum to share research works and teaching experiences in early childhood, elementary and secondary school education as well as tertiary education.
The scope of the conference includes the following sub-themes:
- The development of knowledge and understanding of teaching practices.
- Social competencies and problem-solving competencies.
- Engaging learning environments
- Sustainability of learning and teaching practices.
Innovative practices and ICT (i.e., virtual platforms, mobile & augmented learning, flipped learning, etc.)
You are invited to submit your contributions in English in any of the following formats:
- Oral Presentations
You are also invited to submit POSTERS in Spanish or Portuguese.
You can find further information here
Call for abstracts: 3 October 2016
Registration opens: 31 October 2016
Abstract submission due: 28 December 2016
Authors notified: 28 February 2017
TOP 5 REASONS TO ATTEND ISATT 2017
- Present your contribution in one of the largest international conference on education in the world.
- Contribute to bring practice into theory and theory to practice and contribute to bring together both “search” and “research” with the purpose of offering solutions to real problems in the educational field.
- Participate in this open forum to share research works and teaching experiences in early childhood, elementary and secondary school education as well as tertiary education.
- Learn about educational innovations to improve your educational practices.
- Interact with international teachers, lecturers and educators from all over the world.
All contributions will be published in the conference proceedings. In addition, selected research works will be invited for inclusion in a book published by SENSE PUBLISHERS and also in special issues of the following journals:
- Revista Curriculum y Formación del Profesorado. Indexed in SCOPUS and the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI). Web of Science. Thomson Reuters.
- Journal of Information Technology Research (JITR). Indexed in SCOPUS.
- RELATEC journal. Indexed in the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI). Web of Science. Thomson Reuters.
- Education in the knowledge society. Indexed in Latindex, DICE and Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
- Enseñanza & Teaching. Indexed in Latindex, DICE and Directory of Open Access Journal (DOAJ).
Submitted manuscripts will be subjected to the journals’ peer review processes and editorial policies.
ABOUT SALAMANCA AND THE UNIVERSITY OF SALAMANCA
The city of Salamanca is a beautiful city in northwestern Spain, situated approximately 200 kilometres (120 miles) west of the Spanish capital Madrid. Its Old City was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1988. Also, it is a city to enjoy and visit, with a lot of monuments to sightsee, for instance the Plaza Mayor, the Huerto de Calisto y Melibea and the Cathedrals. Furthermore, there is a high speed train from Madrid to Salamanca (duration: one and a half hours).
In terms of conferences, Salamanca is a usual scenario for international conferences in many disciplines. In fact, the University of Salamanca (USAL) is the oldest University in Spain (and fourth oldest in Europe). It is a medium size university with an average of more than 30,000 registered students each year and made up of nine teaching campuses, a Science Park and 12 research institutes.
Come and join us! We are looking forward to seeing you in the Conference!
Please visit http://isatt2017.com/ for more information
The CfP is also available to download here.